Forest School is an active programme of learning and skills development based in a local natural or woodland location. The individual sessions are all tailored to the age range, skills and confidence of participants, to offer development opportunities alongside their academic learning. It's a long-term, hands on experience in a safe but wild environment that fosters understanding and appreciation of nature; its joys, its potential, and its hazards.
This approach enables individuals to develop a range of skills, self esteem and confidence through achievable tasks, activities and play. Forest School offers the opportunity for individuals to engage, play and learn about the natural environment and is delivered by qualified Level 3 Forest School practitioners. Forest School sessions are delivered all year around and the content of sessions often reflects the changing seasons and involve activities such as tool use, making things from natural resources and making fires. Forest school sessions offers individuals a fun and engaging experience outdoors.
While our sessions are available individually, a core principle of the Forest School is that it becomes a consistent and long-term part of a child's life and development, therefore we encourage our participants to commit for a minimum of 6 weeks at a time.
Muddy Feet Training offers a range of woodland based opportunities.
- Forest Tots - Preschool sessions in term time for 2 -5 years at Newbottle Woods
- Muddy Explorers Holiday Club for primary school aged children 5 - 12 years at Evenley Wood Garden
- Muddy Saturdays - Weekend family days woodland based fun for families, aimed at children who may miss out during term time at Newbottle Wood
- School / preschool programmes - we can design a programme of Forest School fun for your organisation, delivered in local woodlands.
- Secondary school / Special Needs Schools / PRU/ Colleges we deliver programme to provide an alternative curriculum delivered in local woodlands, with opportunities to gain John Muir and Outdoor Learning Awards.
- We provide accredited Forest School Practitioner and Outdoor Learning training , look at our training page for more details.
We can offer bespoke outdoor learning and Forest School sessions for adults, Corporate away days, Nurseries, Schools, Groups, Charities, Housing and Resident Associations, please contact us for further details.