L3 COORDINATING AN OUTDOOR CURRICULUM Milton Keynes
LEVEL 3 AWARD IN COORDINATING AN OUTDOOR CURRICULUM
This four day course is designed for those who are championing outdoor learning within their organisation. You will understand the background of outdoor learning and conduct a review of research & practice in recent years. You will audit existing provision and practice, create procedures and best practice guidelines for making outdoor learning part of a whole school educational strategy. You will understand site planning, sustainable management and be able to plan year round programmes. You will need to have a site and group identified as you will be expected to implement your outdoor learning programme.
Please note that you can only complete this course if you have completed the L2 Award in Outdoor Learning Practice, or attend the L2 course as part of this L3 qualification.
This course is assessed bu portfolio and usually takes 9 - 12 months to complete. This course is 10 credits and you will cover the following units;
- Supporting Learning, Play and Development in the Outdoors
- Observation and Evaluation of Outdoor Learning
- Sustainable Use of Natural Resources
- Outdoor Curriculum Coordinator
Entry Qualifications Required
- Level 2 Qualification or appropriate experience in education, youth work, childcare etc.
- Established link with a client group and at least two years experience with client groups
- 19 years or over at the start of the course.
- First Aid Qualification and DBS strongly advised
Dates 16th, 17th , 23rd, 24th Nov
location Howe Park Education Centre