LEVEL 3 AWARD IN LEARNING SUPPORT
This exciting and innovative 4 day course is designed for those who are experienced in outdoor practical skills but wish to be able to apply these skills effectively with groups of young people who have experienced adverse childhood experiences, trauma, mental health issues, behavioural needs or conditions such as ADHD, Sensory Processing, Autism, or Attachment disorders. This course looks at the causes of challenging behaviour and how to work effectively with these children or young people outdoors. Through attending this course you will work through a practical toolkit of activities designed to help you work with these groups outdoors.
This course is ideal for Forest School Leaders, Bush craft and Outdoor Activity Leaders, Scout and Brownies, Youth and Community workers, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, PRU, Learning Support Assistants, SENCO's.
Please note you will need experience of practical skills before attending this course. If you do not have these please contact us about how we can help you gain these skills.
This is an OCN L3 (QCF) qualification accredited by Agored Cymru. This course is assessed through portfolio. This course normally takes 9 - 12 months to complete.
This course is 15 Credits and covers these units;
- Supporting the learning of children and young people who have mental health issues or disorders
- Positive approaches to understanding and reducing behaviours that challenge
- Supporting learning in an educational environment
- Communicating with children and young people who have Additional Learning Needs to enhance their learning
- Health and safety requirements
- Safeguarding and Child protection requirements
- 18 + years old
- Level 2 Qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working with the client group or outdoors
Unaccredited £399 or contact for invoice