L3 Learning Support for Additional Learning Needs Oxford
This course is a Nationally Recognised Level 3 Qualification, worth 15 credits. It is suitable for those who work with children or young people with autism, mental health issues and behavioural needs. This is an exciting and innovative 4-day course that combines up to date research and practical experience. This course provides key skills for educators, social and youth workers, community workers, forest school leaders, scout leaders and guide leaders.
The course uses your existing outdoor skills and provides a toolkit of new skills for you to effectively engage a range of client groups in any outdoor setting. It is suitable for those who work with children or young people with neurodiverse needs such as Autism, ADH, dyslexia, dyspraxia, mental health needs, anxiety, depression, trauma and complex behavioural needs in the outdoors.
The course involves four days of in-person training and covers areas such as:
- Supporting a wide range of neurodiversity, mental health and behavioural needs outdoors;
- The professional level of policies and procedures you need to run an alternative provision outdoors;
- Risk assessments for using outdoors with additional needs
- Explores positive and practical approaches and activities for effective outdoor learning and development.
Key results from using this approach include increased communication skills, social skills, teamwork, improved attendance and engagement along with increased confidence and ability to work in groups
This is an OCN L3 Award (QCF) accredited by Agored Cymru. This course is assessed through a portfolio. This course normally takes 9 - 12 months to complete.
This course is 15 Credits and covers these units;
- Supporting the Learning of Children and Young People who have Mental Health Needs or Neurodiversity
- Positive approaches to understanding and reducing behaviours that challenge
- Supporting Learning - Professional Conduct
- Communicating with children and young people who have Additional Learning Needs to enhance their learning
- Health and safety requirements
- Safeguarding and Child protection requirements
- 19 + years old
- Level 2 Qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working with the client group or outdoors
- Cost £699 accredited
Dates:,15,16, 19 , 20 July 2021
Location Hill End Education Centre, Oxford