Research tells us there is no well-being without nature’s wellbeing.
MUDDY FEET® enables communities to effectively connect with nature for better physical and mental health.
We believe that nature connection is vital for the health of our communities and our planet. We work directly with communities and professionals to create connected and sustainable communities.
MUDDY FEET® specialises in community development and participation and has developed a number of different consultation and inclusion techniques drawn from a career of community-led projects in local open spaces. Muddy Feet has 20 years of experience working with local communities to develop local outdoor space including parks, playgrounds, and art projects. We have designed and delivered a range of participatory training courses and training materials for adults, young people, and children.
MUDDY FEET® involves local people in the debate over the future of their local area, helping them to make informed decisions on plans and proposed developments. We have worked with local authorities, developers, and housing providers to offer a forum where meaningful and effective consultation can take place.
For accredited courses in Nature Play, Curriculum-Based Outdoor Learning, and Forest School please click here
This innovative one-day course is for practitioners setting up community wellbeing projects. An exciting opportunity to use local wild space to deliver wellbeing outcomes.
In this course, you will learn about
- Theories that promote the use of outdoor space to develop a sense of wellbeing.
- 5 steps to wellbeing and how these relate to nature connection activities.
- Practical considerations for delivering wellbeing projects outdoors.
- Experience and learn about practical outdoor activities that help promote wellbeing.
Cost and booking please contact us.
Setting up a nature connection project.
This course is aimed at practitioners who are working with communities to establish nature connection projects in urban or rural areas. We take you through all the aspects of developing and facilitating a project managing its impact and sustainability. This fully supportive course enables you to develop your skills and reflective practice. The course covers:
- Benefits of nature connection.
- Considerations for getting started.
- Finding and using a site.
- Practical considerations
- Inclusion, diversity, and equality
- Nature-based facilitation skills
- Natural Resource Management and Sustainability
- Risk Management
- Tools and techniques for engagement, wellbeing
- Environmental restructuring for nature-based activities
Learning for community environmental projects.
Designed for residents or community members who wish to deliver community learning through the delivery of environmental improvement projects. Designed as a step-by-step approach to empower communities to make their own decisions and develop local environmental projects. This fantastically flexible modularised support package ensures building capacity throughout your project process.
We are here to help you through the steps including:
- Developing a project idea
- Project planning
- Developing a group
- Health and Safety
- Involving others
- Designing your space
- Completing your project
Get in touch to see how we can support you with your environmental project.
Developing a relationship with nature community programmes.
Using the pathways to nature connectedness we help communities develop pro-environmental and pro-social behaviour change.
Muddy Feet develops projects based on research to improve relationships with nature. We use the nature connection pathways of senses, emotion, beauty, meaning, and compassion.
Projects have included:
- Engaging young people in nature for better mental health and develop social, emotional skills and pro-environmental behaviour.
- Working with family groups through nature play to reduce social isolation and the development of positive family relationships.
Contact us to find out more.
Community and stakeholder engagement.
Muddy Feet offer a range of creative opportunities for community and stakeholder engagement using a range of exciting engaging and empowering methods. We offer expert facilitation to enable you to have the opportunity to get actively involved in one-off events or a more in-depth engagement and consultation strategy.